Women Business Council
Commerce is Commerce in any language. The Greater Federal Way Chamber understands that there are unique needs and challenges facing women in business. The Women Business Council is designed to create a networked forum to address those needs as we work together to create economic growth and prosperity in the greater Federal Way area of the south Puget Sound.
The Chamber is focused on an inclusive business environment with a welcoming economic climate. As part of its program of work, the Chamber provides members with programs, benefits, services, and networks, thereby enhancing the bottom line for business. The Women Business Council is a strategic objective of the Chamber of Commerce.
• To build understanding and support for business needs and challenges in the women business community in the south Puget Sound region.
• To deepen community impact among key woman influencers in the community by engaging them in business building initiatives.
• Grow and strengthen the Chamber’s relationship with women-owned businesses, helping us earn and maintain our social license to operate on behalf of this industry segment.
• Enhance and expand the connections between women leaders within the Chamber business network, building leadership opportunities.
• Build stronger communities that ultimate benefit the economy base, expanding business opportunities throughout the Puget Sound region.
1. Business Trends. Help determine business needs of women for economic growth. Council members will provide insights on behalf of their community constituents.
2. Idea Exchange. The Women Business Council will share information regarding business priorities, opportunities, and challenges.
3. Perspective and Focus. The Women Business Council will provide perspectives on how the Chamber can best create a positive impact in our business community. From time to time, the Women Business Council may be asked to serve as a focus group for Chamber initiatives.
4. Feedback. Offer feedback to help assess on how the Chamber is doing in the Women business community. The Chamber is the Voice of Business and your input matters.
5. Challenges and Issues. Identify potential challenges that might impact the Chamber and/or the woman-focused business community and work with the Chamber CEO to address proactively.
The Women Business Council meets Quarterly. Participation in the Council is open to members in good standing of The Greater Federal Way Chamber of Commerce, upon acceptance of application. The Chamber CEO appoints the Council Chair.
Business Engagement Coordinator
Greater Federal Way Chamber of Commerce
31919 1st Ave., S, Ste 202 Federal Way, WA 98003